The scholarship includes:
- bus and airfares to Perth (generally organised by the artists’ sponsoring organisation and reimbursed by the Jimmy Pike Trust)
- airport transfers in Perth
- self-contained accommodation in Perth
- public transport travel to and from Edith Cowan University each day
- a modest daily allowance to cover food expenses
- support whilst in Perth from the Jimmy Pike Trust Project Officer, if required
- printmaking workshops within the Edith Cowan University printmaking studios
- all printmaking materials
Scholarship recipients are responsible for any other expenses that they may incur.
Conditions of the scholarship
Scholarship recipients agree:
- to attend the ECU Mount Lawley Campus from 8.30am to 4pm each weekday of the residency and take full advantage of the facilities and school programmes.
- that the Scholarship may be withdrawn if they are unable to give wholehearted commitment to this unique learning opportunity
- that the scholarship may be terminated, resulting in immediate return home, as the result of any anti-social behaviour by the recipient while in Perth
- that the Trust and the University waive any claim to a commission for work sold as a result of any subsequent exhibition.
- that the Jimmy Pike Trust will pay the expenses listed under ‘Inclusions’ above and that all other personal needs are the scholarship recipients’ responsibility.